Position: Instructor – Nursing – IEN Prep
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a team environment, is creative in course material delivery and embraces opportunity. Last but certainly not least, the successful candidate must be passionate about working in education while maintaining an uncompromising principle of ethics.
You will be brought in as an instructor focusing on the delivery of the Post Graduate Certificate in Nursing program which is a preparation program for Internationally Educated Nurse who aspire to become licensed to work as Registered Nurse in Canada. Due to the nature of this program, we are especially interested in interviewing IEN’s who have not only industry experience in Canada, but have also completed the NCLEX process themselves.
Along with your peer instructors of the program you will support delivery of the program at our Vancouver location. The opportunity to join our team is now open and the successful candidate will be able to start as soon as availability allows it. This is your chance to join and become an integral part of the tremendous growth for Sterling College.
What will your responsibilities be?
– Coordinate and maintain standards of excellence for program
– Ensures compliance with the Private Training Institutions Branch, Provincial and Federal Student Loans and any national expectations and standards for quality education
– Utilize the student management system to enter grades, attendance, and student correspondence
– Provide guidance and assistance with student issues as they relate to the classroom
– Be responsible for implementation of lesson plans
– Discuss all curriculum concerns and revisions with instructional team
– Participate in Sterling College promotional activities
– Represent Sterling College with professionalism and the highest level of ethics
Knowledge & Abilities
– Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate, engage and lead in a classroom setting.
– Demonstrated adult education delivery experience.
– Demonstrated experience with learner assessment and providing feedback.
– Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
– Strong computer literacy and proficiency with current computer applications
– Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in approach to teaching.
– Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
– Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
– Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently and in collaboration with others.
– Demonstrated ability to deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues.
– Registered Nurse with a current Practicing License
– Preferably TESOL Certification
– In-depth understanding of current RN Processing for IENs
– Current CPR certification
– Knowledge about CELBAN test preparatiom
– At least 2 or more years of clinical experience
– 3 or more years of nursing teaching experience
Qualifications of Benefit (not mandatory):
– TESOL Certification
– Knowledge about CELBAN test preparation
– 2 or more years of nursing teaching experience
– Provincial Instructors Diploma (PID) or Completion of Instructor Development Program (IDP)
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
If you think you are fit for the job, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
Please note that only applicants who pass the screening will be contacted. We thank you in advance for taking the time to apply with Sterling College.